Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hot oil treatment from dollar tree review!!

Alright it's time to put this to the test...will it work or make my hair fall off?? Let's see fingers crossed!  I mentioned this in a previous post I found this at a dollar tree and I wanted to give it a shot to see if it was worth buying.  Here's what the box looks like so if you want to go pick this up you know what your looking for.  


The box comes with two tubes and this is what they look like.  This is a weekly hot oil treatment so if you have short hair I'm sure you could just use one tube but I have long hair so I decided to use both of them.


Alright let's get started!  First you'll need to boil some water. Bam I got water boiling!! 


While the water was heating up I went ahead and started brushing my hair.  I couldn't take a picture where my face wasn't awkward looking but you get the idea just brush your hair. 


Then the box says to use the treatment on wet hair so after brushing my hair I wet it and went over it again to make sure it wasn't tangled.


Alright at this point your water should be boiling and ready to use.  Find a heat resistant cup glass thing I'm using a mason jar.  Pour the water into the cup or jar and fill to the top but leave some room because when you dunk the tubes in you don't want the water to spill over.  Let the tubes sit in the water for a minute or two I left mines in for two minutes because I used both tubes. 


I couldn't take a picture of me putting the oil in my hair but after the you let the tubes sit in the water take them out and cut the ends off.  Test some on your hand to make sure it won't burn your scalp.  I started at my roots and worked my way down to the ends working all that product into my hair.  Then I just wrapped my hair up in a bun.  The box says to leave in for one minute but I don't listen and I left it in for two.  


Next the box says to rinse and shampoo as you normally would.  This is what I'm using this month so I jumped in the shower hoping my hair wouldn't fall off at this point haha.


Tada!!!! My hair didn't fall off!! Sucess!! When I finished washing hair I brushed it and let it air dry.  Here's what it looks like two hours later no products in it.


I will continue to use this for a month to really see if it works but for the first try I did see less frizz then I would with a regular shampoo and conditioner and its softer too.  I want to give it a four week run to see if my hair improves even more over time.  But as of now I'm definitely happy with the price and results I just hope it's something dollar tree will continue to carry.

Until next time love bugs.

xoxo
ChaCha

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found a review about this because I'm about to use it on my hair but I wanna know if it's good to use first. Thanks alot😊

    ReplyDelete