Thursday, June 18, 2015

Doggie toys, grooming tools, and books?

So today I felt like going out to do some shopping for my boys (3 husky pups)  I have a Walmart and a Petco near my house so I spent like half my day looking around and reading some of the books Petco had. I ended up getting some toys and basic grooming tools for them and some books and magazines on Siberian Huskies. Let's get to it!

First up the brushes!  If anyone owns a husky or knows someone with a husky then you know how important it is to brush your dog.  My boys have hair for days I tell you! I'm sure if I had just one it be way less hair but I don't I have three because before getting them I had no idea what it meant to be a husky owner. Now ohhh man I know hah but I love them so it's okay I'll live with the hair.  I got the de-shedder and the slicker brush at Walmart.  One of them was like $3 and the other one was about $5.  I got two of each so my mom could brush one dog while I bush the other or just incase I loose one I have a back up.

                                  

On the the toys!  I also got these at Walmart for less then $10 each.  My pups love to chew on everything they can find it doesn't matter if it's the corner of my bed or my work shoes if it fits in their mouth its getting chewed on.  So I got them two tires with a pull thingy attached to it they love playing together and pulling on whatever the other one has so this will be fun for them and entertaining for me to watch.  The next thing I got was Nylabone Essentials toy it says on the side of it that its for powerful chewers and my boys are powerful chewers so I got one for each of them.  I've never bought this for them before so I'm curious to see how long it take them to destroy it.


Lastly I went to Petco looking for something super hard for them to chew on but that if they break it and swallow some of it I wouldn't have to worry.  I didn't find anything like that but I did find this large tennis ball that felt stronger then the regular ones so I had to grab it.  One of my pups loves loves loves any kind of bouncy balls but they're so small we loose them quickly.  Hopefully this one because it's bigger we'll be able to keep better track of.  The next thing I got was a book and two magazines on Siberian huskies like I mentioned before I did not know what having a husky was like before I got them about a year ago and at that I decided on getting three instead of one.  I figured reading up on this dog breed will answer a lot of my questions and help me figure out how to raise my pups in the best way so that they'll grow up in a happy and understanding environment.  It's way too easy to get frustrated with this kind of dog at least for me it was.  I didn't know they were high energy dogs I didn't know they were escape artist.  I basically only knew that they were cute and that I wasted one but now that I have them and see how they are I figured I'd start educating myself to be a better doggie mom.


And that wraps it up for today love bugs.

xoxo
ChaCha



No comments:

Post a Comment